Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Countdown to Christmas Activities. Day 11. Playdough Sparkly Snowflakes.

So we missed one day with our countdown activities, but now we are back.

This was a painting activity. We used our playdough, which I made a couple of weeks ago. (And yay!, I made my own playdough and it worked! For a while I couldn't do it. I had a playdough block, so to say.) Anyways, we've been playing with this playdough, rolling it, smashing it, leaving it to dry overnight and throwing it in the garbage. All kinds of fun! And here is a Christmas activity. Snowflakes!



See the shiny glaze? What is it, is just my old hair gel with sparkles. I dug it out from my beauty items drawer. I realized, I haven't used it in years, but for some reason was holding on to it. Now was the time to put it to good use.


We cut out snowflakes out of playdough with some cookie cutters, and painted them with this hair gel. Doesn't it look great? So festive!


The snowflakes are green, I know. I made several parts of playdough, tinting it with different colors, only for Santino to mix them all together in one big green block. I think it turned out green because I had green, yellow, blue and red parts. Yellow + blue made green plus more green kinda overpowered the little bit of red I made.


Santino tried and tried again to push the cookie cutters deep inside the stretched playdough, but he just wasn't pushing hard enough, so I helped him. I also helped him stretch the dough.



When the snowflakes were done, we also made a couple of dinosaur prints. Santino did this by himself. That's an activity of choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Please do comment, we will get back to you soon.